We are your companion for the Maths and English Courses
Check out some great tricks, tips and resources for your Exam Preparation.
- 400 + carefully selected words.
- 30 + tricks to solve the quantitative questions
- 200 + Questions in Multiple choice questions format to practice the tricks
- 20 + divisibility, addition, subtraction, multiplication and squaring tricks
- Content is selected and effort is to keep the content of high quality
- and more just check on the nav bars
- Get regular updates of new posting in your inbox: just go for free sign-up
- Forum to discuss your problems and get replies from community
- Become Readin.net affiliate and earn points
- Inform your friends by liking our facebook page or following us on Twitter.
- Write for us and make money
Anything else let us know and we will add in Readin.net… We look forward for your comments.
this article we will learn to multiply any numbers ( even with digits as large as , 7, 8 , or 12)
Trick to Multiply by 111
Suppose we have a number 748634 to be multiplied by 111. The rule is as follows
- The first digit of the number will be same i.e. 7
- The second digit will be 7 + 4 = 11 Since it is a 2 digit number 1 will carried to preceding number 1. So first digit will be 8 and second digit will 1 upto this stage » » Continue to read » » »
In this article we will learn some shortcuts to add, if a series of odd number or even numbers are provided. For example in an examination it is asked, add all the ever numbers between 1 to 50 and then add all the odd numbers between 1 to 100 and then add both the results to get an answer. The trick to solve such kind of problems is » » Continue to read » » »
In this article we will discuss some nice time saving tricks for adding sequence of numbers.
A sequence of numbers can be represented as say 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52. In this sequence we have smallest number as 44 and largest number as 52. There are in 9 numbers in this sequence. There are other type of sequence number as well. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 in this sequence we have smallest number as 4 and biggest number as 22. Similarly there can be other sequence as well like 7, 14, 21,, 28, 35 etc, here the numbers are increasing by 7 each time. or we can have sequence such as 3, 9, 27, 81, 243 where the numbers is 3 time of preceding number.
The numbers step up in sequence of 2′s. If we need to add all these numbers it can be a quite a task.
There is a very simple trick to do all this calculations » » Continue to read » » »
Ratio of the two terms is denoted by a:b and is measured by a/b. The a in the numerator is called as antecedent and the denominator b is called as consequent.
The ratio basically means how many multiples or parts is a of b.
Proportion: The numbers are in proportion when two ratios of the two terms are equal to ratio of other two terms, if a:b=c:d then a,b,c and d are in proportions
Variations: The 2 quantities are said to be in direct or inverse proportion (variation) when a change in one quantity directly effects the other one. There can be direct effect that is known as direct proportion ( Like increase in “a” causes increase in “b”) and Inverse proportion when ( increase in “a” causes decrease in b). » » Continue to read » » »