The CAT voucher sale and registration dates have been extended. Earlier, the registration was notified to close on September 28 but now the aspirants can register online till October 4, 2011. Mentioned below are the new dates for CAT 2011
- Last Date for getting CAT 2011 vouchers: 1 October 2011
- 4 October 2011 is last day for registration:
- CAT Test Dates: Saturday, 22 October 2011 – Friday, 18 November 2011
- Score card for the test will be available from:11 January 2012
The Other Important Details for CAT 2011 is as follows:
IIM’s will conduct Common Admission Test 2011 (CAT 2011) during a 20 day testing window. Test will be computer-based and the scores will not only be used by the 13 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), including the new ones at Trichy, Udaipur and Kashipur for admissions to their post-graduate programs for the academic session starting 2012, the scores will also be used at many other insitutes.
17 August 2011 : Opening date for sale of CAT voucher and registration:
1 October 2011 : Last date for sale of CAT voucher:
4 October 2011: Last date for registration:
From- 22 October 2011 and 18 November 2011 – Common Admission Test:
11 January 2012 : Score card for the test will be available from:
31 December 2012 : Validity of CAT 2011 score card:
Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and Persons with Disability (PWD) category] from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Sale of CAT 2011 vouchers: The CAT 2011 vouchers can be obtained from branches of Axis Bank spread across the county and its associated outlets. The voucher will be available for Rs 1600 for General category and Rs 800 for SC and ST category candidates.
Selection Procedure: The recruitment will be made on the basis of merit in Written Test which will have only two sections.
- First Section: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (70 minutes to answer 30 questions)
- Second Section: Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning (70 minutes to answer 30 questions)
Candidates will have an on-screen countdown timer. Within the 70 min provided for the section, candidates can review the answers. Once the time ends for the first section, they will move to the second section and will no longer be able to go back. A 15-minute tutorial will be provided before the start of the test. The total duration will be two hours and thirty five minutes including the tutorial.
How to Apply
- Check your eligibility for CAT 2011 on http://www.catiim.in/
- Click on the “Register for CAT 2011” link and schedule for the CAT 2011 from 17 August- 28 September 2011.
- During registration, you will have to create a profile, fill out the CAT application and schedule your test.
Click here to know the step-by-step registration process http://www.catiim.in/pdf/reg_guide.pdf[ad#Post-Bottom]