Do you know –
Where is word Budget derived from : The word Budget comes from semantic extension of bouge which earlier meant as leather bag. The word Bouge come from French middle word Middle French bougette.
Some interesting facts about Indian Budget:
- The Budget process has its roots in the Bombay Plan of 1944. Bombay Plan was authored by John Mathai, GD Birla & JRD Tata.
- On November 26, 1947 R.K. Shanmukham Chetty had presented the first budget of Independent India. But actually » » Continue to read » » »
Did you know this about Lord Venkateswara resinding in Tirumala Venkateswara Temple?
- Venkateswara- is a tttle for the lord- Vem-kata means one who cuts or washes away one’s sins.
- The annual income of the temple being more than six billion rupees
- Around 1,75,000 laddus are prepared daily at the temple
- Everyday, 75,000 to 100,000 pilgrims visit the temple daily and during the festival seasons, nearly 500,000 pilgrims visit the temple daily which is a record to any sacred places in the whole world
- It is believed that the first temple at Tirumala Tirupati was built by King Thondaiman in 8th century, a Pallava King, after he had a dream of Lord Vishnu
- Traditionally and based on faith, People tonsure their head and give hairssymbolising the surrendering one’s ego to God
- In 2008, the Sri Venkateswara Temple generated approximately $9 million (Rs. 450 million) in proceeds from the sale of hair.
- Many Hindus beleive, and as suggested in several Hindu religious texts, such as the Puranas and Sastras, that visiting the abode of Lord Vishnu during the holy day of Ekadasi, in the month of Vaikunta, absolves pilgrims of all their sins and helps them attain salvation