- READIN.NET collects information necessary to conduct business with its customers and Web visitors, such as to provide you with the information or services you request. READIN.NET may also ask you to provide optional information, such as how you use READIN.NET products/services , so that we may better tailor our products and services to customer needs. We also collect information about how people make use of our Web site so we can make that experience more valuable.
READIN.NET sends electronic newsletters to Web registrants and customers on a periodic basis, which varies according to the content you might choose to receive. We occasionally send out special communications when we think subscribers or customers might be particularly interested in something we are doing or a product or service we are offering, or when we wish to survey subscribers and customers.
The amount and type of information you disclose to READIN.NET is at your discretion; you can choose not to provide us with information you don’t wish to share. In some cases, however, this cannot be done selectively, and opting not to provide certain types of information may amount to non-participation in particular features and thus may affect the services available to you from READIN.NET. READIN.NET also collects information passively from its Web site visitors when they browse the READIN.NET Web site. Please note that for any of the information described, READIN.NET may transfer it to a secure location in the India, regardless of where you might reside.
- READIN.NET does not share information it collects from you with other organizations that intend to use it for their own commercial purposes. We only share information with organizations who perform services for us, and only if they agree to restrict their use of your information to these purposes.
Except as described below, READIN.NET does not, unless required by law, disclose personal information it collects to people or organizations outside of READIN.NET whose stated aim is to use it for any purpose other than to process your registration, fulfill your requests to READIN.NET, keep you informed about READIN.NET products and services, or some other task that READIN.NET asks them to perform on our behalf. For example, READIN.NET may contract with a data management services company, or with an outside organization that will send e-mail marketing messages on our behalf, and will share your personal information with those third parties so that they can assist us. READIN.NET may also share your information with a READIN.NET distributor/partner near you in order to complete your request for products or services. In such instances, these organizations would be prohibited by READIN.NET from using your information for their own commercial purposes and from disclosing your information to a third party for that third party’s own commercial purposes.
If another organization has acquired all or a substantial portion of READIN.NET’ business, either through merger, divestiture of particular product lines, consolidation, or a purchase of assets, customer information may be among the things acquired by that organization, and READIN.NET will provide your personal information to that organization. READIN.NET may also disclose your personal information to its corporate affiliates or subsidiaries. READIN.NET will also disclose your information if required by law to do so.
READIN.NET occasionally works with non-affiliated partner organizations that provide products or services in which we think you might be interested. We do not share your information with these partner organizations without your permission. We may, however, send you a message on their behalf if you had already consented to receiving similar messages about READIN.NET products and services. For these partner organizations to obtain any personal information about you, you would have to provide it to them yourself.
- If you have registered at the READIN.NET Web site, you can review and update information you provide there via the Web site itself subject to availability of website at that instance. READIN.NET offers you the ability to correct and update the information you have previously provided to us at this Web site. You can do this by visiting the registration page. When you are logged in, you will be able to view the personal information you have previously provided at our Web site and may make any adjustments you would like. You may change this information at any time, and as often as you like.
If you provided information to READIN.NET through means other than the Web site in order to purchase READIN.NET products or services or to inquire about them, you may still instruct READIN.NET to update information about you. Do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify the information as you believe we currently have it (include a mailing label or the exact information as it appears on the label) and how you would like it changed.
- You can opt out of electronic correspondence from READIN.NET at the Registration Page on our Web site, via the instructions provided in the correspondence itself, or by contacting READIN.NET and requesting to be removed from our mailing list.
As described under above, READIN.NET sends electronic newsletters to Web registrants and customers on a periodic basis, which varies according to the content you might choose to receive. We also occasionally send out special communications when we think subscribers or customers might be particularly interested in something we are doing or a product or service we are offering, or when we wish to survey subscribers and customers.
You can opt out of all unsolicited electronic correspondence in any of three ways:
You can follow the instructions embedded in the particular types of correspondence you have received that indicate how to opt out of receiving unsolicited correspondence in the future; some types of correspondence we send will allow you to specify whether you wish to opt out of that particular type of message or all unsolicited messages from READIN.NET;
You can send an e-mail note with your opt-out request using the contact form on the company’s website when contacting us in this way, please be sure to specify which e-mail addresses you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
- READIN.NET takes a variety of measures to secure your information from unwarranted access and accidental loss. READIN.NET takes reasonable precautions based on industry standards and best practices to protect the information that you provide to us from corruption, unlawful access and accidental loss. We employ a number of technical safeguards to protect the transmission, processing and storage of your information including the deployment of network access controls, message and file encryption, and logging technologies. We also implement operational safeguards to ensure that your information is handled or viewed only by READIN.NET-authorized personnel directly involved in the activities described above, including training personnel to follow READIN.NET’ Information Protection Policy and taking appropriate disciplinary measures if they fail to do so.
Types of Information READIN.NET May Collect From Customers and Web Registrants:
- Purchases :When you purchase products or services from READIN.NET, we collect from you the information needed to complete this transaction – e.g., your name, the name of your organization if applicable, shipping address, telephone number, and credit card information as necessary
- Surveys : READIN.NET occasionally surveys its customers to ask them about products or services they might like READIN.NET to provide or about their satisfaction with products and services we’ve already provided to them. This information is used to improve those offerings and to better meet your needs and expectations. In some cases, the information you provide in such surveys, if you choose to take them, may be linked with the customer information we hold that refers to you.
- Optional Web site registration : READIN.NET offers voluntary registration to our Web site visitors. By registering, you can take advantage of personalization (the ability to select content according to a profile you create for yourself) and reduce the amount of information you provide for repeated transactions. For example, you will not have to provide standard personal contact information (name, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) on each form you complete for downloading files, ordering products, or requesting information or support. During registration, you are required to supply a first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number, and country. You must also select a username and password that will be required for subsequent logins.
- Requests for information : READIN.NET includes pre-paid postcards, Vouchure in some professional journals, magazines or affiliated websites and at our display shows, posters etc. that allow people to provide basic contact information and indicate that they’d like additional information on particular aspects READIN.NET products and services. Submitted information are treated by READIN.NET as protected information just like the information provided when customers purchase products or visitors register on our Web site.
Web site usage tracking
- General :READIN.NET tracks visitor traffic patterns throughout our sites. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites visitors prefer based on traffic to those areas, and to thus improve the overall quality of our site and enhance the visitor’s experience. We collect the visitor’s domain name, referral data (e.g., the address of the last URL visited prior to clicking through to an READIN.NET Web site), and browser and platform type (e.g., a Netscape 5.x browser on Windows 2000).
- READIN.NET is interested primarily in aggregate traffic data on our Web site; our needs in this area do not require us to link traffic data to particular people via personally identifiable information they might provide. The only circumstances under which READIN.NET might link traffic data to personal Web registration information involve a direct benefit to customers from this knowledge, and even then, the link is established after the fact, not in real time. For example, READIN.NET Technical Support may occasionally need to revise a posted software patch. When the updated patch is re-posted, we may attempt to identify people (by name, e-mail address, or phone number) who have downloaded the initial patch to inform them that a revision is available. Other than these types of situations, READIN.NET makes no attempt to identify just who is doing what on our Web site.
- Web Beacons :Web beacons are small images—often a single pixel and virtually invisible—that may be embedded on a Web page to send information about the traffic to that page to a location other than the one hosting the rest of the page. READIN.NET uses Web beacons as unobtrusive means for collecting the same types of information cookies indicate. And as with cookies on the READIN.NET Web site, it is only READIN.NET that collects this information, not outside parties.
Effective January 2009
Note: This site contains links to other Web sites. READIN.NET Limited. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those Web sites.