>

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Published on September 28th, 2011 In category Exam Strategy

Search Similar Topic: ;

Top 10 tips for your next interview


“A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.”
Wag the Dog (1997) – Conrad Brean (Robert De Niro)

“Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating.” –
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) – Joel Barrish (Jim Carrey)

“It’s what you do right now that makes a difference.”
Black Hawk Down (2001) – Jeff Struecker (Brian Van Holt)

The interview is normally the last round of the selection process. The interview is hence a crucial step in getting a final entry into any organisation be it a interview for your job or for your MBA college.  Here are top 10 tips that will help you to get out of the interview with flying color

  1. Knowledge and preparation: One of the most important yet the most neglected for. Always
    • Read the details filled in the application forms. It always good to keep a copy form you had sent with the application
    • Remember the key dates, joining dates, reliving dates – atleast the month and year
    • Research companies your worked for, latest news related to the companies and clients you worked for
    • Research the career you want to select- Prepare a good story line, why, how and what
  2. Confidence : All the above boosts your confidence to give the correct answers
    • If you have answered 80 % questions correct, you can have confidence to say NO or DO NOT KNOW for the rest 20 %.
    • There are time when there is a rapid fire questions from the panel, take questions one by one and reply.
    • Do not be nervous and talk to all the members of the panel
  3. Body Language:
    • DO NOT shake your legs
    • DO NOT Blabber, take time to pause, think and reply
    • Sit straight, calm and composed
    • Dignified gestures, no scratching pants, hairs or touching wrist watch or inserting fingers in nose/ears
    • MOST IMPORTANT – DO SMILE 🙂
    • Maintain contact at eye level
  4. Attitude:
    • Show enthusiasm by responding with positivity if there is criticism
    • DO NOT portray KNOW IT ALL ATTITUDE, show willingness to learn if asked for
    • Do not say lies, as the interviewers are smart you will be caught
  5. Courtesy  and Manners : There are some basic things we always do, but in spate of nervousness we forget to follow
    • Be on time, atleast 10 minutes before scheduled time
    • Always ask permission before entering the room. Knock the room, ask permission and then enter
    • DO NOT SIT unless you are offered to sit
    • Do not bite nails while waiting for panel members to recover your application
    • Reply to all and do not give preference to one single panel member
    • Dress in sober colors, as they say to it is safe to go with black. The white shirt, dark colored trousers with matching tie or coat (depending on season) is the best bet.
  6. Showcase the Creativity: When there is chance show your creativity by
    • Answers the questions interlaced with examples of the creativity. For ex. you had solved a problem when the resources where not available by giving a creative thoughts leading to elegant solution acceptable to all
    • Highlight your hobbies on creative side, how do you pass time creatively and what is effect on your life
  7. Highlight Achievements :
    • Make sure you mention your achievements in professional fields very creatively so that they are highlighted yet it does not looks like a boast
    • Highlight achievements in academics
    • The highlights should be done creatively and be given only when asked for, see the situation and then act
  8. Mention social contribution:
    • When ever asked about the final goals do mention about your plans to serve the society, if you do not made any contribution, plan it today. It will worthwhile for your as well as org. future.
    • If you are already part of any charity or social organisation, do drop reference. Do not elaborate unless asked for
    • Do NOT take religious sides, avoid topics related to spirituality and religion
  9. DO NOT CRITICISE : The most important points is ; DO NOT CRITICISE and speak NEGATIVE about anything. It has a very negative effect on the panel
  10. Clarity: Keep the clarity of purpose, goals, achievements etc. If there is a clarity in mind and sense of purpose normally the interviewer will be convinced. They are there to judge a person by background, his appearance and most important his KNOWLEDGE.

If hope you would have like my article, if yes please let me have your thoughts by comments. [ad#Post-Bottom]